please excuse my upcoming sabbatical. i will be in the tropical rainforest of Kauai with Christopher escaping the snow & cold & hectic holiday season for 2 weeks. will post lots of pics upon our return.
Yes, I'm posting a What I'm Thankful For post this year. Just too much to go without memorializing and too much that I never, ever want to take for granted. My life definitely isn't always all rainbows & butterflies, but I have a lot to be thankful for.
1. An incredibly smart & sexy husband who loves me to pieces in such a pure and unpolluted way that I never knew before.
2. A beautiful, happy, healthy, playful, laughing, sleeps-12-hours-straight-through-the-night baby that surprises me over and over again every single day and absolutely amazes me that I somehow created something so miraculous. That nearly every other day I am choking back tears because of how amazing he is and is growing up to be.
3. Incredible friends who support and love me & my family.
4. Our beautiful apartment with its spectacular view filled with so many happy memories.
5. My health. Chris' health. Landon's health. A healthy pregnancy and birth. That none of us are on any medications. The decisions we make everyday to try to stay healthy, active, and conscious of our hope to all live long, full lives together.
6. My education and my law degree. And that I never have to go back to school or take another test ever again (although those nightmares still haunt me).
7. The ability I currently have to stay at home and hang out with the coolest little kid in the world while having the flexibility to work from home and cover court calls.
8. The abundance of food, water, & wine on this day (and any other day) I am able to consume and enjoy without thinking twice about it.
9. That this year, I have matured and learned and discovered so much about myself, my passions, and the people in my life. That I am cultivating my creativity and doing things that make me happy as well as with good people and relationships in my life.
10. That I now know what unconditional love feels like and that I get to wake up to the most beautiful man and little boy every single morning.
A really fun idea and pretty decoration to have hanging in your home for the holidays -- The 12 Days of Christmas filled with your holiday traditions/fun stuff you do during Christmastime.
1. Open presents!
2. Kiss under the mistletoe
3. Watch Alvin & the Chipmunks
4. Game night in :)
5. Put up the tree!
6. Meet Santa
7. Make an ornament with the kiddos
8. Watch Elf
9. Bake Christmas cookies
10. Hot cocoa in front of the fire
11. Watch our wedding video
12. Have a pajama party ;)
Hanging above our bed - my latest DIY project: where we met, where we married, and where we 'mooned.
I know I'm a month premature on the last one but I made these about a month ago when we booked our honeymoon and I really needed to fill in the empty space above our headboard -
Where we met: Valparaiso, Indiana
where we married: Chicago, Illinois
where we 'mooned: Kauai, Hawaii
This project was super fun and easy to make and really all you need are a map and frames. The atlas map we already had and I found these white frames on clearance @ Michaels for only $3.00 a pop.
Step 1: Using a clear/transparent piece of paper, fold in half and draw half a heart. Cut out for your full heart. I used that clear sheet that came inside the frame.
Step 2: Pick out your places on the map. Move your clear heart over where you want to cut out on the map, trace with a pencil, and then cut out. You can choose any places of significance in your lives, don't have to do these. Could do first date instead of where you met, or where you live together instead of married, etc.
Step 3: Tape your 'map hearts' on their backside to a white piece of paper, insert in frame, hang to wall, & enjoy!