*Mom, don't worry this isn't your secret recipe.
There are a bunch of different ways to make pumpkin bread, some add in cranberries, chocolate chips, and/or chopped walnuts, but after making a few different kinds I've decided that the plain pumpkin spice bread with icing is hands down the best. This recipe below makes 2 loaves, so one to enjoy yourself and another if you wanna share the love. Happy fall baking :)
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 60-70 minutes
What You Will Need:
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 1/3 cups flour (you can split half whole wheat and half white if you want)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin spice OR equal parts ground cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- cream cheese frosting OR make your own icing (recommended) with: 3 cups confectioners sugar, 3 tablespoons milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In one large mixing bowl, combine "wet" ingredients: pumpkin, vegetable oil, water, and eggs and mix well.
6. Evenly divide the batter into the bread pans.
7. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Let cool and frost with cream cheese frosting or your homemade icing & enjoy with a pumpkin spice latte :)