Here's What You'll Need:
- ½ cup salt
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup water
- Rolling pin
- Cookie sheet
- Miniature cookie cutters: stars, Christmas tree, hearts, whatever your heart desires. We also made baby elephants
- Acrylic paints: Whatever colors you want your ornaments to be
- Glitter glue or glitter paint (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Mix together, salt, flour, and water until dough is formed.
3. Knead the dough on a floured surface until the mixture is elastic and smooth. If dough is too sticky, sprinkle with flour, continue to do so until stickiness is gone. Do not add too much flour, this will dry out the dough and will cause it to crack before you get a chance to bake it.
4. Roll out the dough to about ¼'' thick with a rolling pin that has been dusted with flour.
5. Use cookie cutters to cut out your ornaments.
7. Place all shapes onto an ungreased cookie sheet and place into the preheated oven.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
*Optional: When paint is dry, use glitter glue or glitter paint to put a sparkling cover coat on your ornaments.
11. When dry, thread ribbon through hole and tie in a knot in the back.
& yes, our Christmas tree is up ;)