Just came home from the gym and was super duper starving and didn't have much time to make anything until my stomach caved in --- Enter my new favorite, easy peasy 10 minute homemade brushetta. I ate this for my lunch but think it would be great to have as a lil app before an italian dish or as a quick pick dish when entertaining.
What You'll Need:
- fresh tomatoes (roma would probably be preferred, I just used whatever kinds I had left in my fridge).
- fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- french bread or crostini (I used the Whole Foods brand seasoned crostini, but any kind will do).
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Place bread/crustini on baking dish. If you're using french bread loaf, just cut about 1 inch between slices.
3. Spread on the pesto & chopped tomatoes.
5. Watch these little puppies! They take only a few minutes to cook. When the edges look toasted and the cheese slightly melted, they are finito!