It's been a long time since I've made smoothies, but with my new Ninja Blender I've been more inspired than ever to start whipping up some yummy, healthy new smoothie recipes in the mornings. (On top of other salsas, sauces, cookie dough, pizza crust, & bread - get ready!) This first smoothie recipe I came up with I like to call the Super Antioxidant Purple Monster. It's made with fresh grapes, strawberries, blackberries, spinach, vanilla yogurt, and hemp seeds. It's soo good and packed with tons of really great vitamins & nutrients, & ensures any little picky eaters in the house to get their fruits & vegetables in!
Remember it's always better to use fresh fruits & veggies with ice instead of frozen!
What You'll Need:
- 1 handful fresh spinach leaves
- About 1/3 cup fresh blackberries (I really just threw in a bunch of blackberries and am guesstimating it was around 1/3 cup...you can always add more or less to taste)
- 1/3 cup fresh strawberries (read above parenthesis)
- 1/3 cup fresh red grapes (read above parenthesis)
- 2 or 3 tablespoons hemp seeds (or other omega-3 substitute)
- 3 big dollups low-fat vanilla or plain yogurt (best option: Greek yogurt for extra protein)
- About 5 or 6 large ice cubes
- Optional protein powder if you're making a meal out of this
- Combine above ingredients in blender & pulse until smooth.