Might be the most delicious thing I've made in a very long time -- This homemade chutney is a cinch to whip up and yields a huge serving so you can save lots for later. Completely satisfies my sweet tooth without any guilt, and it works as a meal or a fun appetizer or snack. Can serve it as as app with some crackers and brie or goat cheese, or make a sandwich out of it on toasted multigrain toast with sharp cheddar or brie and greens. The possibilities are endless :)
What You'll Need:
- 1 8oz package of dried apricots
- 2 chopped & seeded red peppers
- 1'' peeled ginger root
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Blend dried apricots, red pepper, & ginger in blender and pulse until smooth.
- Combine the above mixture with water, vinegar, and sugar in a large saucepan over stovetop.
- Cover; Bring to a boil and then simmer covered for about 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!!