Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Roasted Kale & Cauliflower Smashed Potatoes
What You'll Need:
- Half a bag of potatoes (I would recommend going organic here, as potatoes are among the top "dirty dozen" fruits and veggies of 2013 highest in pesticides)
- Half a head of cauliflower
- 1 bunch kale ripped up into bite sized pieces (organic if you can, but on the bottom of the list)
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons garlic (fresh or minced)
- olive oil and milk or milk substitute
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In one large pot, boil potatoes and cauliflower over high heat. Sidenote: I never peel my potatoes, as the skins are packed with all the nutrients.
- Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until translucent in appearance.
- Lay your kale over 1-2 baking pans (doesn't need to be laid flat), drizzle in olive oil and salt and pepper. Put in oven for 10-15 minutes or until crisp and edges start to brown.
- When everything is all done cooking, combine the kale, onions, cauliflower, and potatoes into a large serving dish and mash.
- Add additional olive oil, milk or milk substitute, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bon appetit! :)