Sharing a few homemade herbal tea recipes & a delicious (vegetarian) homemade soup I pretty much just invented from everything I had in my fridge and pantry since I was not about to leave my bathrobe today. It came out so good, and is packed with all sorts of healthy super foods & nutrients. Totally recommend you try next time you are feeling under the weather, or just craving a healthy, warm soup during these terrible winter days.
Healthy homemade crock pot vegetarian soup.
Combine the following in crock pot and let cook for at least a few hours. (The longer you let it sit and all simmer together, the better it tastes):
- 5 cups water
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes. Mine were "extra large" so if yours are just regular sized, might want to add in a few more. That's the great thing about this soup...you can literally just keep tasting and adding as you go. & most of this is measured in "abouts" or by the vegetable or half vegetable. No need for precision, can just keep adding in more to taste.
- 1/2 sweet potato, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 celery stock, chopped
- About 1 cup chopped carrots
- about 1 cup of pasta (I used a quinoa pasta)
- about 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- 2-3 kale leaves (ripped into bite sized pieces, discarding stem)
- about 1/2 cup chia seeds