Friday, October 14, 2016
Super Easy & Delicious Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
You'll notice the only ingredient you might not have offhand is the Tomato Red Bell Pepper Juice. We use R.W. Knudsen Family's Juice, which we love because they stand by wholesome ingredients without any artificial flavors or preservatives - they are made from organic single-fruits, with no added sweeteners and completely sweetened 100% by the juices straight from the vegetables. I would definitely recommend using this brand in this recipe, and would also recommend their other veggie juices for your other soup recipes this season too. You can now find R.W. Knudsen Juices stocked at your local grocery stores, Walmart, and Target.
- 8 Roma tomatoes, chopped (if don't have on hand or are in a time pinch, you can alternatively do 2 cans diced tomatoes)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bag of fresh spinach
- 1 package of frozen tortellini
- 3 cups of chicken or vegetable broth/stock
- 1 cup R.W. Knudsen's Tomato Red Bell Pepper Juice
- 1 pack of cream cheese (I would recommend regular cream cheese, not the reduced fat. Would also stick to brand name here, don't go generic).
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- about 2 tsp Herbs de Province
1. Combine all ingredients and cook in crockpot on low for 5-6 hours.
2. Can garnish with fresh basil &/or a dollop of sour cream