Can't believe Landon's already been in school now for three weeks. He is loving his new preschool, all his new friends, and has officially started spelling his own name :) We've been so proud of this little guy lately. And yes, he is riding a "real yellow school bus" to & fro. I know, what?! I of course was holding back tears the first day. Time!! Slow down!!!
Thursday, September 4, 2014
Had a really, really awesome summer 2014, & capped it off soaking up the late August sun by our pool and "beach". We're going to miss it (a lot) but we sure are excited for preschool, apple picking, pumpkin spice lattes, and cinnimon scented pinecones. Bring on the fall :)
Monday, September 1, 2014
Salba Chia Seeds.
I became obsessed with chia seeds after Blair's birth, as I was trying to get back into shape, as well as eat as clean and nutritious, and conveniently as possible while breastfeeding. Chia Seeds have become probably the number one staple (minus coffee ;)) in my diet. Here are the mind-blowing facts -
That's: - 5X more folate than spinach
- 6X more calcium than a glass of whole milk
- 6X more iron than kidney beans
- 8X more omega-3 (ALA) fatty acids than salmon (EPA/DHA)
- 15X more magnesium than broccoli
- 2X more potassium than bananas
- 3X more fiber than oats
- 70% more vegetable protein than soybeans
- 30% more antioxidants than blueberries
Yes, they are truly amazing. After adding in some chia seeds to your daily diet, you will soon start to realize that you feel much FULLER much sooner (and in turn, eating less), your digestive system will never be more clean and on track, you will have so much more energy. This is a promise. It is no wonder how they became known as the 'ancient super seeds.'
I frequently add my chia seeds to yogurt, hummus, smoothies, and sprinkle them on top of salads and even ice cream and brownies or other desserts. Salba also makes ground chia seeds that you can add into baking mixtures - bread, oatmeal, pancake, or cookie mix! Another favorite is sprinkling some chia seeds on top of the peanut butter in PB/banana slices, PB/apple slices, or PB/jelly sandwiches. You will probably soon come to find yourself adding them to everything ;)
So in honor of starting the school year off right and forming new, long-lasting healthy habits for ourselves and our little ones, I am super stoked to be offering one of you guys an awesome chance to win all of the following:
- One lb Whole Seed bag of Salba Chia Seeds
- One lb Ground Seed bag of Salba Chia Seeds
- One Sleeve of Boost Packets (perfect for traveling or on the go!)
All You Need To Do to Enter:
1. Leave a comment on this post, telling me your favorite way (or how you plan) to incorporate your chia seeds into your diet.
To Gain Additional Entries:
1. Share a link to this post on Facebook & tell your friends about it!
2. Share a link to this post on Twitter (Easy way to do this is just to hit the "share it" button at the bottom of my right sidebar)
2. "Like" Salba on facebook (www.facebook.com/salbasmart)
3. Follow Mumma's Corner (either via google friend connect, bloglovin', or subscribe to posts by email)
4. Share this giveaway on Instagram by taking a screen shot of the salba chia seeds benefits image above, tagging salbachia and lisab3 and including the hashtag #salbachiamummascornergiveaway
*Please leave a separate comment on this blog post for each additional entry, letting me know your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram username if applicable, and be sure to leave your email address on each post so I know how to contact you if you're the lucky winner!
**Giveaway will run for 3 weeks from today and will officially close at 12:00pm cst on 9/22/14.
Monday, August 18, 2014
Sunday, August 17, 2014
Saturday, August 16, 2014
Adventured on over to Animal Adventures in Bolton MA a couple days ago with one of my best friends and the sweet girls she nannies for, same ages as L. Was definitely very cool and would highly recommend if you are in the area or feel like making the drive out. They had a lot of really cool exotic animals you don't/won't see at a zoo, as most animals in their care are rescued animals, foster animals, hurt animals, or otherwise just in need of a loving home. The greatest part about this place is that they give you guided tours of all the animal "habitats" as well as take out animals for the kids to pet. So you learn a lot and is really very educational for the kids, and the 'hands on' aspect was super cool as all the children were so excited to actually touch and pet a real live alligator, chinchilla, turtles, and lizards to name a few.
A few pics from the day: